2019 Spring Semester
CAMPUS Asia Undergraduate Student Exchange Program
Yuanpei College, Peking University
College of Liberal Studies, Seoul National University
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications from undergraduate students who wish to participate in the undergraduate student exchange program with Yuanpei College, Peking University (PKU) and College of Liberal Studies, Seoul National University (SNU) for the academic year starting spring 2019. The requirements are as follows.
– Students must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students for the whole duration of the exchange program, and must be at least in the second year of the Junior Division as of 1st April, 2018. Taking a leave of absence during the exchange program is not permitted.
*Students from the Faculty of Economics are NOT eligible to apply for this program as the Faculty specifically requires students to take a leave of absence when participating in exchange programs.
– Proficiency in English is required to follow courses and conduct research in an English-speaking environment. Some proficiency in Korean or Chinese is preferred.
– Due to PKU’s regulations, Chinese nationals are not eligible to apply to PKU.
– Due to policies of the Korean government, only Japanese, Chinese, and Korean nationals are eligible to apply to SNU.
- Student status:
– Students participating in this program will be registered as a “non-degree student” at the host university.
– The student status at UTokyo during the study-abroad period shall be “Study Abroad.”
– Students will be exempt from tuition and other administrative fees. Travel expenses, health insurance coverage and other living expenses will be the responsibility of the participating student.
– Students will be required to stay at the dormitory to receive a monthly scholarship.
From PKU: 3,000CYN/month (dormitories will be offered free of charge)
From SNU: 800,000KRW/month (a monthly dormitory fee of 130,000KRW will be required)
February 2019 to June 2019 (one semester) or February 2019 to June 2019 and September 2019 to January 2020 (two semesters)
* Students are not permitted to reside in PKU dormitories during summer holidays, and scholarships will not be provided during this period.
March 2019 to July 2019 (one semester) or March 2019 to January 2020 (two semesters)
* Students are permitted to reside in SNU dormitories during summer holidays. Prior application is required, and application will be the responsibility of the participating student.
- Maximum number of exchange students:
5 to each university
- Required application materials:
– UTokyo Application form 2019SCampus Asia Application Form(EN)
– Study plan at PKU or SNU
– A certificate of English proficiency test such as TOEFL/IELTS
10:00 am on Tuesday September 18th, 2018
- How to Apply:
All applications are to be submitted by e-mail to EALAI office
- Selection Process:
All applications will be screened, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Details to be announced.
- Important Notes:
– Please note that all participants of this program are required to take out insurance provided by the Japan Educational Exchanges and Services (JEES) “Futai Kaigaku” (付帯海学) covering the entire duration of the exchange period. Costs will NOT be covered by the University of Tokyo.
– As a means of safety management during the period of the program, students may apply for the Overseas Student Safety Management Assistance (OSSMA) from Emergency Assistance Japan Co., Ltd. Application is compulsory for second year students of the Junior Division and consult relevant sections of the affiliation which you will belong to during your study-abroad for students in the Senior Division. All expenses are to be met by the participating student.
– Consult relevant sections of the affiliation which you will belong to during your study-abroad for points to note concerning the study-abroad, and fully understand them before submitting your application.
– For students in the second year of the Junior Division, please note that some faculties do not permit students to advance to the Senior Division while participating in exchange programs. Please check with the Senior Division of the faculty you intend to advance to before submitting your application.
– For students in the second year of the Junior Division, please note that no special consideration will be given for absence from courses of exams resulting from participation in this exchange program, and such courses or exams will be evaluated as “Absent.” “Absent” is not a valid reason to apply for make-up exams.
– At the partner university, credits shall be granted when specified requirements are satisfied. Whether or not such credits will be approved as credits of the University of Tokyo shall be determined by each faculty. Please consult the relevant section of the affiliation before making the application. Please note that for students in the second year of the Junior Division, credits earned during this exchange program may not be transferred as credits for Junior Division courses.
– After returning from the exchange program, students may be requested to cooperate with initiatives concerning internationalization of the University of Tokyo. When requested, (e.g. submitting reports, participating in reporting meetings or information sessions, advertising study abroad programs and advising students, answering questionnaire surveys etc.), you will be expected to cooperate.
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
East Asia Liberal Arts Initiative: EALAI Office Tel: 03-5465-8835 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peking University: http://dean.pku.edu.cn/englishcourses
Seoul National University: http://cls.snu.ac.kr/